Sunday, November 8, 2009

Facebook

"A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world."
Leo Buscaglia



There are times when I feel like I'll never catch up with the current networking sites. I missed out on My Space and I haven't started Twittering, but I broke down and set up a Facebook profile and am reaping its rewards. Facebook has connected me with friends, family, business contacts and former coworkers that I haven't seen or talked to in years. I even got in touch with someone that I went to Elementary School with! It is so cool to find your best friend from high school whom you've tried to stay in touch with but lost contact years ago. I'm able to find out what's going on in people's lives, see pictures of them now, see pictures of their kids whether they are two legged or four. It's nice to get online and see that Nichole, who now lives in Chicago, is getting ready for a block party, or that Brad finally got out of retail and is a now bank manager.

Just today I got on Facebook and saw pictures of my cousin's newborn baby, her in her Halloween costume, and of course pictures of Mom and Dad. They live 2 hours from me, but this way I can keep up with them and see all the pictures of the baby as if I was right next door. I'm finding that this is also a good way to keep in touch with relatives that do live near me too. Everyone has busy lives these days and just seeing some family only on holidays doesn't always fulfill you, but reading what their up to makes you feel closer to them.

I feel like I'm back in touch with my family and friends thanks to Facebook. In fact I have a whole bunch of friends now!

Do you use Facebook? What do you think about these networking sites?

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. Life is so busy. Until we can beam from place to place, rid ourselves of travel time, to be with friends and family, I think cyber connections will grow. It is fun. WINK
    Good luck on your blog, lady.

    AJ
    2009 Golden Heart Finalist
    www.autumnjordon.com
    www.autumnjordonsnotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete